The Ukrainian Wind Energy Association (UWEA) is an All-Ukrainian, non-governmental, non-
profit organisation whose purpose is to promote wind energy technologies and insure wind energy interests on the national and international levels. Ever since its foundation in spring 2008, the association has been committed to wide-scale developing wind energy in Ukraine, involving small and medium size businesses into the process. UWEA popularizes wind energy as environmentally sound, CO2 neutral source of electricity for Ukrainian consumers.
In order to achieve it, UWEA has set the following objectives:
- To promote the RE policies in Ukraine;
- To overcome the legislative and technical barriers restricting wind power growth including introducing green tariffs in Ukraine;
- To provide everybody interested in developing wind energy in Ukraine with up-to-date, accurate information about the domestic and international renewable energies and to serve as the sector leading consulter;
- To provide international technologies transfer;
- To generate wind energy opportunities and attract investments to wind sector in Ukraine;
- To serve as a meeting point of all key wind market players and act as an important contact for politicians, business, science and the media
WIND ENERGY IS AN ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY INSTRUMENT FOR STRENGTHENING NATIONAL ENERGY SECURITY
UWEA is an all-Ukrainian organisation uniting politicians, public figures, scientists, wind power project developers, equipment suppliers and manufacturers, utilities, researchers, consumers and others involved in the wind industry – one of the world’s fastest growing energy industries.
Ukrainian Wind Energy Association maintains permanent cooperation with different state and regional administrations and contributes to improving state-of-art information sharing and experience exchange with all agents involved in national energy sector.
The association is a member of the World Wind Energy Association (WWEA).
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
UWEA is governed by a Board of Directors.
The Board is led by the Chairman, now Andriy Konechenkov, Vice-president World Wind Energy Association